AOE Arts Council’s SELECTIONS exhibit promotes Ottawa artists by featuring work by its members. In 2015, the vernissage, attended by well over 150 guests, included photography, painting, sculpture, marquetry, drawing, mixed media and printmaking by 37 AOE Arts Council members. Over 2,000 patrons visited the SELECTIONS exhibition last year!
The 15th annual juried art show will take place from September 22 to October 18, 2016 in the Trinity Art Gallery at the Shenkman Arts Centre. Owned and operated by the City of Ottawa, the Trinity Art Gallery has a contemporary hanging system, professional lighting and uses both Salons A and B for the show. The gallery is open to the public Monday to Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
The opening reception held in September will provide the public and media with the chance to meet the artists and talk to award recipients. The public will be able to vote for the People’s Choice Award for the duration of the exhibit. SELECTIONS is promoted actively by AOE Arts Council and the City of Ottawa online, through social media, and with marketing materials.
• Open to all artists who are individual members of the AOE (non-members can join AOE for a $30 membership).
• Two- and three-dimensional art.
• Two-dimensional work may not exceed 36”w x 72”h, including frame.
• Sculpture and other three-dimensional work may not exceed 60”h x 24”w x 24”d.
• Accepted work must be finished, clean, dry, wired for hanging, ready for professional exhibition and able to withstand regular handling; all two-dimensional work must be framed except if on gallery canvas. Works on paper must be framed and protected with glass.
• All works must have been completed within the last two years and be original (not derived from another work, not from a commercial photograph).
• Works submitted cannot have been created during a class or workshop.
• Each artist can submit up to four digital photos in jpg format (resolution of 600 pixels or 300 dpi) for consideration. Each photo file name must be numbered and identify title and artist.
• Entries must be accompanied by a fully-completed entry form, artist statement and resume (are encouraged), as well as a $7 fee per photo.
• Submissions can be filled online (SEE BELOW), be dropped off or mailed at AOE Arts Council (CD or memory stick for required documents). Information and entry forms are available at artsoe.ca.
The deadline for submissions is June 3, 2016. All artists whose work is accepted will be notified no later than July 4, 2016.AOE Arts Council’s SELECTIONS exhibit promotes Ottawa artists by featuring work by its members. In 2014, the vernissage, attended by over 150 guests, included photography, painting, sculpture, marquetry, drawing, mixed media, printmaking, book arts and textile arts by 50 AOE members.
For more information:
AOE Arts Council,
Shenkman Arts Centre
260 – 245 Centrum blvd.,
Ottawa, ON K1E 0A1
T.: 613-580-2767 x 6