As an initiative of the AOE Arts Council, the Young Arts Leaders Collective (YALC) is a newly formed group that supports the professional development of young emerging artists and arts administrators in Ottawa. We intend to do this by creating and sharing articles, resources, artist call out opportunities, and relevant events that are interesting and informative for those connected to the artistic community. Along with other things, we are working on a mentorship program that we are actively compiling a list of possible mentors for and organizing YALC networking events to help youth/students make those difficult connections in the industry. We are currently working on creating a panel event in Spring 2016 to facilitate these connections and gain perspective on how to create and sustain a career in the arts. Stay tuned for more info! What can you expect to find here?
– Keep up to date on the latest group news!
– Learn about YALC members through their very own blog posts
– Find information about upcoming YALC events
– Read about career opportunities for young emerging artists and arts administrators
– Find details about our mentorship program
– Read guest blog articles from industry leaders!
We look forward to hearing your thoughts, connecting on social media, and meeting you at our upcoming events! Never miss a thing by connecting with us through Facebook and Twitter Want to say hello, share an idea, or are interested in joining the Young Arts Leaders Collective? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org